London, 29th May 2022 – Centre for Finance, Technology and Entrepreneurship (CFTE) is delighted to announce that it has been appointed to be the training partner of Hong Kong Cyberport’s FinTech Training programme for the International Speaker Series. 2022 Financial Practitioners FinTech Training Programme is the Treasury Bureau’s (FSTB) conscious effort to nurture fintech talents in the region and accelerate the digital transformation of the financial services sector by aiming to train more than 7,000 financial practitioners across 50 firms on the latest Fintech developments.
CFTE will support the upskilling initiative by conducting the programme in the form of a Webinars Series that will provide training covering a wide range of topics, such as Regtech, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity, as well as Environmental, Social and Governance. Full subsidy to applicants will be offered to participants who successfully complete the course in an effort to nurture fintech talents in Hong Kong.
CFTE is honoured to be appointed as a training partner of Hong Kong Cyberport’s 2022 Financial Practitioners FinTech Training Programme for the International Speaker Series, to assist with delivering high-quality content that contributes to the development of the new financial workforce. The training will aim to upskill more than 7,000 financial practitioners across 50 firms on the latest Fintech developments.
Commissioned by Financial Services and the Treasury Bureau (FSTB), the Hong Kong Cyberport Management Company Limited has launched The Financial Practitioners FinTech Training Programme 2022 in a conscious effort to nurture fintech talents in the region and accelerate the digital transformation of the financial services sector. Cyberport, managed by Hong Kong Cyberport Management Company Limited, is an innovative digital community with over 1,650 start-ups and technology companies forming the most vibrant Fintech and Tech ecosystem in the region.
This programme in collaboration with Cyberport, is aimed to deepen financial practitioners’ understanding of Digital Finance, by enriching their knowledge and providing them with the skills and tools needed to promote the adoption of innovative technology solutions in their organisations, thereby fostering the digital transformation of the entire industry in Hong Kong.
The programme will be delivered by CFTE in the form of a webinar series with CEOs, Founders and leading experts of accelerating startups and financial institutions at the forefront of the transformation of the industry. The series will also cover the most relevant trends and developments in the Fintech Space from Regtech, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity, as well as Environmental, Social and Governance.
The partnership with Hong Kong Cyberport is the latest milestone in a series of top-tier government collaborations by CFTE. This follows the launch of a Programmes and Digital Academies with several leading institutions, including AI in Finance in the Middle East with ADGM Academy, the training of +100 collaborators of the Central Bank of Hungary (MNB) in emerging technologies, and the partnership with LHoFT, Luxembourg’s dedicated Fintech centre to launch the Luxembourg Academy of Digital Finance.
Experts teaching on the seminars:
Session 1 – How DeFi is transforming Finance
- Prof Yiu, Siu Ming, Associate Head (Teaching and Learning) Department of Computer Science, HKU
- Charles D’Haussy, APAC Managing Director – ConsenSys
Session 2 – Are Cryptocurrencies and CBDCs taking the world by storm?
- Dr. Oriol Caudevilla, Cyberport Mentor and FinTech Advisor
- Sadie Raney, CEO & Co-Founder at Strix Leviathan, Co-Founder at Makara
Session 3 – 2022, the year of Digital Assets?
- Jonathan Cheung, Strategy Director at HKbitEX
- Andrei Kirilenko, Professor of Finance, Director of the PhD Programme, Founding Director, Centre for Finance, Technology and Regulation at Cambridge Judge Business School
Session 4 – Global Trends in RegTech and SupTech with Real-Life Cases
- Professor Douglas W. Arner, Kerry Holdings Professor in Law, HKU and RGC Senior Fellow in Digital Finance & Sustainable Development
- Felix Cheung, Founding Chairman, Regtech Association of Hong Kong and CEO of RISKflo Asia Limited
- Jenny Chow, Founder of Regtitude and Honorary Legal Adviser at RegTech Association of Hong Kong
- Wallace Chow, Fraud and Compliance Director of FCC Analytics Limited and Education Co-chair at RegTech Association of Hong Kong
- Kevin Ng, CEO, InnoBlock Technology Limited
- Dr. Albert Lam, Chief Scientist & CTO at Fano Labs
Session 5 – Cutting-edge Technologies to Combat Financial Crimes
- William Lam, Founder and CEO, FundingReach
- Marco Lam, CEO & Co-founder,Hong Kong Managed Security Operation Center Limited
Session 6 – Cyber Threats in Finance
- Frankie Li, VP & Director,Dragon Advance Tech Consulting
- Samuel Ng, Director, Cybersecurity & Analytics, Hong Kong Applied Science & Technology Institute
Session 7 – The Advent of Platform Economies
- Stephanie Leung, Group Deputy CIO,StashAway HK
- Huy Nguyen Trieu, Co-founder and CEO of CFTE, and ex MD, Head of Macro Structuring, Citi
Session 8 – Data Economy, New Opportunities
- Winston Wong, Co-founder & CEO,Qupital
- Leung Chin Ching, Founder and Director,Liquid
Session 9 – How is AI Transforming Financial Services?
- Floyd Newsum, Director,RPA (HK), Ltd.
- Stephan Murer, ex Global CTO, UBS & Murer Consulting’s CEO
Session 10 – Integrating ESG in Finance
- Dr. William Yu, Chief Executive Officer,World Green Organisation
- Julia Walker, Senior Consultant,Sandpiper Communications
Session 11 – Personalised Finance through the Lens of InsurTech
- Manuel San Miguel, Co-founder & CEO, Ignatica
- Florian Graillot, Founding Partner at astoryaVC
Session 12 – The Future of Finance at a Glance
- Benjamin Wong, Founder and CEO of Transwap Limited
Cyberport is an innovative digital community with around 1,400 start-ups and technology companies. It is managed by Hong Kong Cyberport Management Company Limited, which is wholly owned by the Hong Kong SAR Government. With a vision to be the hub for digital technology thereby creating a new economic driver for Hong Kong, Cyberport is committed to nurturing a vibrant tech ecosystem by cultivating talent, promoting entrepreneurship among youth, supporting start-ups on their growth journey, fostering industry development by promoting strategic collaboration with local and international partners, and integrating new and traditional economies by accelerating digital transformation in the public and private sectors.
For more information, please visit www.cyberport.hk.
The Centre for Finance, Technology & Entrepreneurship (CFTE) is a global education platform that aims to equip financial professionals and organisations with the necessary skills to remain competitive in a rapidly changing industry. With offices in London, Singapore, Hong Kong and Abu Dhabi, CFTE partners with Fortune 500 companies to build their knowledge in Financial Technology, whilst simultaneously supporting their digital transformation process. Our leading training programmes, curated by global industry experts, help talent build skills to join the digital transformation of finance.
Follow us on social media for more updates