Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) are the hottest topics across industries today. The global market value of AI is booming, with this upward trajectory projecting a future global market value of $126 billion by 2025. And, the United Kingdom lies at the heart of AI innovations being one of the major players in the European continent.
If these numbers didn’t catch your eye, let’s just say if you want to thrive in tomorrow’s digital world, then mastering AI is the only solution. This revolutionary technology can give individuals and companies a huge competitive advantage, by allowing them to be more efficient and make more data driven decisions.
The digital revolution is staring at us in the face, and if we don’t adapt by expanding our technological toolkit we are bound to get left behind. By 2021, a colossal 97 million new roles could emerge that are more adept to a new kind of workforce that can work with humans, machines and algorithms. So are you ready to jump right into this technology with both legs?
If you want to join the AI revolution we can help! We have curated a list of the best AI courses across the United Kingdom (UK) to help you build the right skills so you can prepare to disrupt your company and your career.
Here are the best courses in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) in the United Kingdom this 2021:
CFTE’s AI in Finance specialisation is the first industry-led online course on the artificial intelligence revolution, developed by CFTE and Ngee Ann Polytechnic for professionals to understand the applications of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in financial services. Over the course of 18 modules and 4 chapters, over 20+ finance and technology thought leaders and industry insiders will discuss key artificial intelligence topics such as natural language processing (NLP), data science, recommendation engines, artificial neural networks (ANN) and more. It’s a knowledge-based course so it’s the perfect platform for those beginning their journey to understanding AI in financial services.
The most attractive part of this course is its recent update that was made this month to help learners keep up with the latest AI developments, to provide them with more experts to learn from, and to create a more engaging learning experience.
The programme also offers more optional learning resources categorised by interest verticals like compliance and wealth management, to help tailor the course to one’s learning goals and interests.
– Join a 100,000 strong Alumni Network: Learners can join an online community to connect with professionals to continue their learning journey and build the connections that can help to further their career.
– Suited for Busy Professionals: Being a self-paced online course, broken down into digestible bite-sized learning – you have the flexibility to complete the course alongside other commitments.
– Learn from High-calibre Experts: You will gain industry led knowledge from experts from UBS, Citi, ADDO AI, IBM, HSBC, Axa, PwC, Accenture, Google and many more.
– Flexible Payments: Suitable for those on a budget as course can be bought outright or payments can be split across three months
– Accredited by Institutions Worldwide: Boost your CV and Job Prospects with a SSG, IBF, ACT and CPD Accredited Certificate.
– Ayesha Khanna (CEO and Co-Founder – ADDO.AI | Co-Founder – Hybrid Reality Institute | Faculty Advisor – Singularity University)
– Stephan Murer (Ex Global CTO – UBS)
– Philip Watson (Head of Investments Lab and Chief Innovation Officer, Citi)
– Dr. Winne Cheng (Chief Data Scientist, IO Tahoe)
– Jon-Tzen Ng (Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer)
The course also includes insights from an additional 17 contributing experts.
Oxford’s 6 week programme is designed to help you get a grasp of the basic framework of Artificial Intelligence technologies. It covers everything from its history, functionality, and capabilities as well as challenges. If you are a manager, business leader looking to understand the potential of AI, or even those looking to implement AI projects, this course is the ideal pick. Delivered by the University of Oxford’s faculty – this course is bound to prepare you with the right insights to help you discover opportunities that AI can open up for your organisation.
– No Technical Expertise Needed: The course is open to those across business functions and industries without a prerequisite for a technical background
– Learn from the Best at Oxford: The programme has 16 guest lecturers who are top-notch Oxford Business School Academics
– Interact with your Peers: Engage with your cohort through weekly forums and reviewed small group discussions
This 3-day course at Imperial College Business School prepares learners to understand the influence of AI algorithms on financial decision making. The programme is curated for working professionals in financial service who wish to adopt a more data driven approach to guide decisions and activities. The ‘Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Machine Learning in Financial Services Course’, taught by Imperial College Faculty, will dive into a series of topics like Machine Learning, Regulatory Risks, Operationalising AI & ML and Deep Learning and how they apply to various finance functions.
– Engaged Learning Experience: The programme offers an immersive, hands-on training experience.
– Prepare a Foundation to Implement AI: The programme is designed to give action-based insights to help participants build the confidence to implement their learnings in their organisation.
– Well Rounded Learning: You will learn from Imperial College faculty, industry experts, case studies, as well as your peers to give you a wholesome learning experience.
– Deeph Chana (Programme Director of Imperial AI & Machine Learning in Financial Services Programme and Professor of Practice within Imperial College Business School)
– Marcin Kacperczyk (Professor of Finance at Imperial College Business School)
– Pierre Dangauthier (Portfolio manager at Tower Research Capital)
– Dr Alex Ribeiro-Castro (Former Visiting Lecturer in the Applied Mathematics Department at Imperial College London)
Essex’s summer school for ‘Analytics, Data Science and Decision Making’ is a unique, week-long, virtual programme for those who want to dive into key topics in artificial intelligence. The programme also offers you the opportunity to engage and learn collaboratively with peers on the course. Whether your looking to strengthen your foundation or build up more advanced skills, this programme has the perfect mix of courses to suit your needs. You will have the option to choose from a range of different topics of focus like Big Data, Deep Learning, Data Science, R programming, Machine Learning or Natural Language Processing.
– Tailor your Learning: You can choose from a range of topics to include the courses that best suit your learning journey.
– Work on real-world cases: Participants are given the opportunity to work in groups on real-world scenarios set by partner businesses.
– Learn from Experts: The programme is taught by world-leading academics and industry partners from around the globe.
The ‘AI and Machine Learning for Business Course’ offered by the University of Southampton is a 6 week, flexible online programme to help you learn everything you need to know about AI. The programme is ideal for working professionals looking to understand possibilities that AI can open up for their business. The course covers capabilities of AI, strategies to deliver AI systems, ethical implications, types of data and software to leverage AI.
– Flexible Learning: The programme is structured to give participants the freedom to continue work and personal commitments while studying.
– Problem-based Learning: The programme content will be supported by several case studies to strengthen concepts.
– Interactive Learning: The programme offers an engaged learning experience through interactivity.
Choosing the right course on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning takes several elements into consideration. It depends on your level of expertise in the subject area, learning goals, the price range you are comfortable with, the time commitment needed and the quality of content that you seek.
Today, to build an attractive skill set for the real-world it is necessary to get the knowledge that the industry actually needs. A good way to do this is by choosing a course that gives your more real-world insights, industry-led knowledge and case studies.
In terms of the price range of courses offered, your flexibility of making a payment upfront is important too. With the available options vary from free courses to those that offer piece-by-piece installments, and in-full payments, you can learn while keeping your budget in check.
The length of courses also plays an important role in the decision. Short courses will be good for you to quickly brush up on concepts for general awareness, while longer courses will ensure a deeper understanding of topics and concepts that can be applied in your work.
All-in-all, taking every point into consideration will help you make a well informed decision so you are able to develop the right skills to thrive in a world where Artificial Intelligence is ‘king’, helping you take your career to the next level.
The Centre for Finance, Technology & Entrepreneurship (CFTE) is a global education platform that aims to equip financial professionals and organisations with the necessary skills to remain competitive in a rapidly changing industry. Our leading training programmes, curated by global industry experts, help talent build skills to join the digital revolution in finance. CFTE’s courses are globally recognised with accreditations from ACT, IBF, CPD, SkillsFuture and ABS.
At CFTE, our mission resonates with every learner’s goals to rapidly advance in their career, to thrive in their next project or even to lead the disruption in finance with their own venture. To help you do this, CFTE gives you the tools you need to master the right skills in digital finance. We bring exclusive insights from leaders that are steering the developments in the financial sphere from global CEOs to disruptive entrepreneurs. With CFTE you don’t just learn what’s in the books, you live the experience by grasping real-world applications.
If you are looking for rich insights into how the Financial Technology arena is transforming from within, we can help you get the latest knowledge that will stir things up in your career. CFTE offers leading online programmes in digital finance, covering an expanse of topics like – Payments, AI, Open Banking, Platforms, Fintech, Intrapreneurship and more, that will help you conquer the financial technology landscape. With this expertise at your disposal, you will be on track to turbocharge your career.
You will be learning from a curated line-up of industry leaders, experts, and entrepreneurs hailing from Fortune 500 companies and Tech Unicorns, among others. They will each be presenting their knowledge and experience in the field of digital finance. No matter if you are embarking on a new journey or fortifying your role, these lecturers and guest experts will guide you through the perspective of established institutions like – Starling Bank, Wells Fargo, tech giants like – Google, IBM, successful startups such as – Kabbage or Plaid, among many more!