We would like to share with you a few words about COVID-19 and our initiatives to help. First of all, we hope that you and your close ones are well and are taking responsible measures to protect your communities.
We must admit that we both have fallen ill with what was most likely COVID-19 itself (although we have not been tested). It is a scary disease which shouldn’t be disregarded. You can read more about our personal experiences here.
Because of our offices in Singapore and Hong Kong, we have been practising social distancing for more than a month now, and the whole team is currently working remotely. We strongly recommend all of you to follow the government guidelines and stay safe at home unless absolutely necessary.
As this health crisis is morphing into a social and economic crisis, we at CFTE are trying to help our communities and those in need, even in the smallest of measures.
For those of us who have lived through the previous recessions of 2001 and 2008, we undoubtedly remember the personal and social impact of these crises. While times were difficult then, 2001 was also a pivoting moment for the Internet to take off while 2008, on the other hand, was the birth of Fintech. As an education platform, we are motivated to help our community source opportunities in this uncertain time. Here is what we are doing:
- We have launched a Fintech Wednesdays series, allowing everyone to network contactless whilst keeping up to date with the latest developments in digital finance—and perhaps, to feel a bit less isolated at home as well.
- We are pioneering a CFTE EdTech Day, a fully digital event dedicated to discussing what global organisations and governments are doing in the education technology space.
- We are working tirelessly with our alumni local chapters to create more community initiatives. In times like these, the communities that surround us are crucial.
- In response to the ‘Social Distancing’ agenda, we have sought to increase the alumni discount to 20% on all of our courses.
- We are also working with our partners to launch our Financial Aid programme, targeted at supporting those who want to use this time to learn but lack the means to do so.
- We have rapidly increased our research on how Fintech can provide solutions to individuals and businesses when most industries are facing disruption.
For our partner organisations, we understand that business continuity planning will not be a core priority during these hugely disruptive times. However, this is also a time whereby digital transformation is accelerating.
At CFTE, we have been fully digital from day one—for example, our online courses, webinars and even the virtual workshops we hold. Here is what we want to do for you:
- For organisations looking to shift their employee training digital, we are more than happy to share our best practices. This includes the experiences we have had with Cyberport in Hong Kong, where it is fully up and running.
- We are designing a number of online courses to better assist organisations to succeed in their digital transformation mandate. These courses include Open Banking and Regulation Technology.
- We will continue to showcase leading examples of organisations around the world, and how they can inspire us all to do better.
In times like these, our societies, our communities, and even ourselves will be tested and challenged. At CFTE, we want to help you the best we can. If you have any suggestions on how we can contribute more, we welcome them. Please send them our way.
And finally, with CFTE team members in the UK, Singapore, Hong Kong and Paris—if there is anything that we can support you with, don’t hesitate to reach out.
Stay safe and stay at home.
Tram Anh Nguyen and Huy Nguyen Trieu
Co-Founders of CFTE
- CFTE joined events with the Central Bank of Hungary and the Budapest Institute of Banking to discuss the Future of Money, Digital Assets, Fintech, Talents and Skills
- Fintech Founders Monthly | Financial Inclusion in MEASA Region
- CFTE’s co-founder, Tram Anh Nguyen, awarded “Outstanding Woman FinTech Ecosystem Leader” at Asian Digital Finance Forum
- How to Mint an NFT for Free: The Complete Guide
- CFTE Joins the Innovate Finance Global Summit 2022 to Decode The Talent War in Fintech & Discuss the Metaverse