[For Immediate Release] London, 8th of September… Open Banking is undeniably one of the most important developments in finance, as we see more banks such as DBS, Wells Fargo and Societe Generale, adopting it as the core of their strategy. However, even though the future of Open Banking is very promising, banks need to learn to handle their consumers’ data with care, understanding the cyber security concerns of data leakage. After all, cybercriminals are likely to have their eye on online banking applications, given how lucrative it can be. Therefore, risk management is a skill particularly crucial to the success of Open Banking. It is essential that consumers’ privacy and security are not compromised with the introduction of Open Banking.
Curated in collaboration with industry-wide experts, CFTE presents the industry’s first Open Banking and Platforms in Finance specialisation to overcome this issue.
The fifth course on Technology and Security is lectured by Stephan Murer, currently the CEO of Murer Consulting. He was previously the Group Chief Technology Officer at UBS, responsible for architecture and innovation of UBS’ information systems. Previously, he also performed the same role at Credit Suisse for multiple years.
With more than 20 years of experience, Stephan brings rich insight in Course 5 of the specialisation to help learners acquire an understanding of technical tools and frameworks needed to leverage the latest revolution in modern finance: platforms.
“The digital platform economy is one of the strongest forces in today’s economy. The most valuable corporations both in financial services and in general are digital platform providers. The financial industry with its standardized transactions, no physical goods involved, and a high degree of information asymmetry lends itself well for a digital platform transformation. Highly standardized application programming interfaces are the technical prerequisites for a digital platform with many participants to succeed. Open banking, be it driven by regulation or driven by the market. provides these APIs.” said Stephan Murer.
Details about Technology and Security course
The course aims to provide a comprehensive overview on the key technologies and areas needed to allow open banking to be implemented. It covers the software development from the perspectives of both client and service developers.
Learners will take away key technologies and areas required for open banking to be successfully implemented. They will also develop a holistic understanding of the tools and resources that they can use to implement an accurate open banking strategy, as well as gain a deeper appreciation of the different processes that can be undertaken to construct an Application Programming Interface (API).
This course has also brought onboard experts with insightful knowledge on the technology behind open banking, providing learners all they need to know about what goes behind the scenes of open banking.
The experts that played a key role in the creation of this course are:
- Leon Muis, Chief Business Officer at Yolt. Made Yolt the first Third Party Provider to connect to Open Banking in the UK.
- Paul Fremantle, Co-Founder and ex-Chief Technology Officer at WOS2. Former IBM Veteran, Paul was named as one of the top 25 CTOs by Infoworld and led the way in Open Source middleware for WSO2.
- Marco Morana, Head of Security Architecture at JPMorgan Chase & Co. In charge of designing and building JP Morgan’s platforms that process payments, cash management, treasury, supply chain finance, global trade, secure commercial credit cards and merchant service transactions.
The Technology and Security course is completely self-paced and particularly suitable for finance professionals who are looking to upskill themselves in preparation for the upcoming open banking revolution. Corporate deals are also available, and we are more than willing to support companies who are looking to upskill their employees.
Details about Open Banking & Platforms in Finance Specialisation
Technology and Security is only one of the courses in the “Open Banking & Platforms in Finance” specialisation launched by CFTE.
The specialisation is the world’s first online programme in Open Banking, created in collaboration with industry leaders, and curated with feedback from hundreds of industry experts globally. Through this specialisation, learners can get the essential knowledge to understand and successfully apply the practice of Open banking to their jobs.
The course lectures are delivered in a video format, accompanied by bitesize expert interviews. Reading materials and assessment quizzes help learners explore a topic further and test their knowledge as they progress.
The five courses in the specialisation and their lecturers are:
- An Industry Overview of Open Banking, taught by Paul Rohan, Head of Business Strategy Finance, Google Cloud Apigee
- Business Model and Implementation of New Entrants, taught by Anna Maj, Fintech Leader & Advisor
- Business Model and Transformation of Incumbents, taught by Secil Watson, Head of Digital Solutions for Business, Wells Fargo
- Regulation, Standards and Operational Risks, taught by Carlos Figueredo, Founder and CEO, Open Vector
- Technology and Security, taught by Stephan Murer, ex-Group CTO at UBS and CEO of Murer Consulting
Upon completion of each of the five courses, participants will achieve the complete specialisation and receive a certificate.
For more details on the course/specialisation and to enrol, click here. Alternatively, you can contact us at email@example.com. For more information to train your organisation, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For any press communications, contact us at email@example.com.
For more updates, follow us on Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter.
To receive updates directly in your inbox, join our newsletter!
- What are the best practices to build a digital workforce in Africa? Insights from CFTE’s co-founder Tram Anh Nguyen
- CFTE’s co-founder Tram Anh Nguyen named the Ambassador of Inclusive Fintech Forum 2023
- CFTE Partners with Inclusive Fintech Forum to Accelerate the Financial Inclusion
- Top Digital Bond Projects in 2023
- Largest Blockchain Company in 2023 | Full List